torek, 16. september 2008

pogled škotskega umetnika in našega igralca Angusa

I like cricket... It played an important part in my self-rescue from disaster... I wish I played more of it, and I'm glad it has migrated to less rainy countries than those where it was invented. I see it as a kind of displaced chivalry, a symbolic game, where the red ball is like a crazy dragon that is the weapon hurled at a defended castle, and the posture and action of the defending knight as that of a kind of necessary mercenary, defending the security of the castle, and town. The battle is endless, as the ball will always fly, and the castle always require defence. To knock this mad djinn to the boundary is always a great relief... I see the bat as a broadsword, and can only marvel at the persistence of this code through the ages and into our era...

it suits slovenia.

it suits most of the balkans, in fact, with its plethora of castles, and generalised need for a code of conduct, the enactment of local loyalties to be carried on in the riotualised form of sport... its way better than the obviously tribal and competative football, and in some sense there are never any winners... which is great.

howzat?

Ni komentarjev: